Are you in need of a website that is accessible to the Deaf community? Look no further than Calum Medlock, a Deaf web designer specialising in creating accessible websites.
As a Deaf person, I understand the unique needs of the Deaf community. I can create websites that are fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). My websites are optimised for screen readers, have clear and easy-to-read text, and are designed with accessibility in mind.
In addition to my focus on accessibility, I also provide all the usual web design services such as custom website design, SEO, and maintenance packages.
Why Choose Calman Design
There are many reasons why you should choose me for your web design needs, here are just a few:
- Being Deaf, I understand the unique needs of the Deaf community and the importance of creating truly accessible websites for them. I bring a unique perspective to the web design process that ensures the needs of many demographics are met.
- I stay up to date with the latest accessibility guidelines and standards, such as the WCAG, to ensure that your website is fully compliant and meets the needs of the Deaf and Disabled communities.
- I have a proven track record of delivering high-quality and visually appealing websites that exceed my client’s expectations, as you can see from my portfolio and testimonials.
Take a look at some of the websites I have designed for my Deaf and Deaf-friendly clients in the past.
- ME Brands: “Calum delivered a website that exceeded our expectations. It’s clean, simple, and effective. He’s knowledgeable in website builds and optimisation. We highly recommend him to our clients.”
- Deaf Cycling Project: “Calum designed an excellent website for our community project. He even created tutorial videos to help us make changes to the website. He made it easy for novice users like us, to make changes to our high-end website.”
You can also explore more of my previous projects on the portfolio page.
The Importance of Deaf-Friendly Websites for Businesses
As a Deaf-owned and operated business, I have always promoted and championed ‘accessibility’ to my clients. It is a civic duty to create online content that showcases your company’s inclusivity, whilst being sound business sense to increase the potential clients that can access your services. Read this blog post I wrote about the potential revenue being passed up by big companies through the lack of accessible content.
Finding a web designer who understands the technical requirements of the Deaf community can be difficult. That’s where I come in. I work closely with my clients to understand their specific needs and create a website that is bespoke, stylish, functional and accessible.
Don’t let a lack of accessibility hold your business back. Book a video call with me to learn more about how I can help you create a website that showcases your business and services to everyone.